- Spindle RPM - 9/109/10
- Maximum Payload - 10/1010/10
- ATC Capacity - 10/1010/10
- Speed - 7.5/107.5/10
- Axis - 8.5/108.5/10
A typical solution for high-volume small-parts production is the 400mm horizontal machining centers. These machines are constructed to call a wide diversity of part types and materials. Regrettably, when synthesizing clear shape aluminum die cast parts, the same high-power spindle that is a requirement for heavy-cutting ferrous applications results in slow performance and inefficient cost. Your parts and your industry have very specific manufacturing challenges; die cast applications are original. So why use ordinary machine tool for the production of your die cast components? Until recently, there were not many alternatives.
Introducing the Makino a40, a first-of-its-kind horizontal machining center purpose-designed and built to call the challenges of non-ferrous die cast parts production.
Makino comprehends that the cycle time is one of the biggest drivers of per-piece production cost. Cycle time determines the number of machines required as well as indicating far-reaching cost significance, which influence labor, floor space, utilities and durable tooling. The a40 promotes Makino’s smart ROI design, a collection of original technologies designed to avoid inefficient non-cut times.
- Responsive #40 spindle advances to 12,000 rpm in 0.5 seconds.
- Instantly complete typical tapping operations with the 6,000 RPM Rigid tapping synchronization speed.
- Decrease feature-to-feature arranging time with a linear axis which allows full quick traverse rates 18 percent rapid than ordinary competitors.
- Inertia active control (IAC) calculates fixture and tool weights so as to amend acceleration performance of multiple machine systems.
Random downtime is very destructive in high-volume die-cast production machining. Reliability of your machining system is a predominant attention that should be taken into consideration. The a40 utilizes different robust, confirmed systems from Makino’s 1-Series horizontal machining centers. Systems like single-piece X- and Z-axis integrates center trough chip/coolant management and dual-supported ATC mechanisms. Thus, making Makino the industry leader in reliability and security. The a40 make use of these kinds of benefits of technologies followed by enhancing the reliability together with new systems assuring decent operation.
- Standard vision-type broken-tool detection provides operation by rapidly justifying the status of the cutting tools after each tool shift.
- Tool taper cleaning nozzles wash the tool taper with 20μ filtered coolant with each tool change, assuring contamination-free tool clamping.
- Three-stage coolant filtration with 20μ hydro-cyclone gets rid of coolant tank sludge with non-ferrous part machining, expanding time between coolant system defending maintenance.
Do not go for a machine that is designed for general-purpose use. Contact with Makino to see how this super efficient machine delivers a competitive advantage in per-piece costs.
|Spindle acceleration 0 – 12,000 rpm||0.5 sec|
|Rigid tapping sync speed||6,000 rpm|
Pallet:15.75″ x 15.75″X: 22.0″ Y: 25.2″ Z: 25.2″
- B Axis: 360° Indexing increment (0.001°)
- Spindle RPM: 12,000
- Spindle Taper: CAT40 (HSK-A63 opt)
- Rapid Traverse: 2,362 ipm
- Cutting Feedrate: 2,362 ipm
- Maximum Workpiece: ø24.8″ x 35.4″
- Maximum Payload: 880 lbs
- ATC Capacity: 40
- Tool to Tool: 0.9 secs
- Chip to Chip: 2.2 secs
- Maximum Tool Length (Cat): 14.2″
- Maximum Tool Length HSK: 14.2″
- Maximum Tool Diameter: 6.7″